Perennial of the Year 2015 – Geranium xcantabrigiense ‘Biokovo’

   Every year the Perennial Plant Association names a Perennial of the Year, and for 2015 that choice is ‘Biokovo’ Cranesbill (Geranium xcantabrigiense ‘Biokovo’) Cranesbills are amongst my favorite perennials for the garden. Their profuse blooms and excellent mounding habit make them a sure win in the garden! I’ve been known to sneak Cranesbills into my garden […]

Plant Pick – Dwarf Burning Bush

One of the most striking plants this time of the year has to be Dwarf Burning Bush (Euonymus alatus “Compactus”). Green nearly 90% of the time it is out in leaf, the other 10% or so of the time it is true to its name and a wonderful “burning” red color. A native to Japan, […]