Curb appeal can:
- Invite buyers to your home
- Bring your personality outside
- Extend your inside style outside
According to Landscape Ontario, landscaping your home can increase your home’s value by as much as 15%. Adding landscape features can make your home more inviting and appealing to those who visit.
Ways to add curb appeal:
- Add large planters and window boxes and fill with seasonal annuals – colour is appealing to almost everyone!
- Replace builder walkways and steps with interlocking stone – permeable pavers are shown to have a 12% ROI!
- Add lighting! Many people visit your home at night and some simple lighting will blow them away!
- Add mulch to your gardens – this will make your plants pop and reduce time you need to spend weeding
- Plant a tree. Trees do so much to add value to your home as well as help our environment. It is a win-win situation!
- Paint your front door – adding a fresh coat of paint to your front door can bring a new dimension to both your house and your landscape
- Do some pruning – clean up trees and shrubs by giving them a good pruning. Removing dead and overgrown growth can give old shrubs a well deserved facelift
- Overseed your lawn – does your lawn have bare spots? Overseeding can help to fill in those spots and give your lawn a nice lush appearance
Jodie Munshaw CLD is a Certified Landscape Designer offering landscape design services and custom urn and planter arrangements services for both residential and commercial properties in Simcoe County. She can help you add some “curb appeal” to your home if you are thinking of selling. She can be reached by email at email@example.com