Now that February is upon us and our local groundhog, Wiarton Willie, didn’t see his shadow thus forecasting SIX more weeks of winter, we all need some tasks that will make it seem like winter is hiding just behind one of those mountainous snowbanks. February is the perfect time to do some indoor gardening tasks, as the ground is far too frozen and it is generally just way too cold to be outside.
These tasks should help get your thumb feeling a bit more green for the upcoming gardening season!
- Give your houseplants some TLC with a good feeding. The hours of sunlight are changing so this added boost will go a long way.
- Check your tools – do they need repair or replacement? Doing it now will save you a lot of grief and frustration in the spring.
- Keep your birdfeeders topped up. This will encourage the birds to return once spring has returned!
- Continue to inspect your trees and shrubs for damage caused by ice and snow. Remove any broken branches or call an arborist for help.
- Visit home shows and gardening shows for ideas and inspiration.